Registered Nurse - Central Sterile Supply Department (CSSD) - Jeddah, For female applicant
Nursing and Midwifery
To apply for this post you should hold a European, North American, Australian or New Zealand Passport. Professional Connections is contracted by our client to recruit from these territories only.
Our Client hospital in Jeddah is a 500 bed JCI accredited acute care hospital providing state of the art medical care for the population in the Western Region of Saudi Arabia. Jeddah is one of the most popular locations in Saudi Arabia, a cosmopolitan city with a population of 2 million, excellent shopping, international cuisine and a multicultural workforce.
Medical Services at the hospital include: Anaesthesia & ICU (ICU, PICU, Cardiac ICU, NICU, Cardiopulmonary Services, Oral & Dental Surgery, Emergency Medicine, Medical Imaging , Medicine, Renal Dialysis Unit, Obstetrics & Gynaecology , Paediatrics , Surgery, Oncology, Home Health Care Program, Outpatients Dept. and Al Iskan Clinics situated off site. In addition, it promotes and advances an understanding of diseases prevention amongst the population.
Founded in July 1982, the hospital has continued to develop and expand. Recent projects include:The Cardiology Centre, Nursing College at King Saud University for Health Sciences, Out patient clinic centre, Grand expansion to all Emergency Room facilities, Grand expansion to the Oncology Centre, Founding the Bone Marrow Transplantation Centre and Burns Unit.
• Job Title: Staff Nurse I
• Responsible to: Nurse Manager / Nursing Supervisor
• Within the mission, vision and values of Saudi Arabian National Guard-Health Affairs and the Division of Nursing
• Services, provide total nursing care for assigned patients and assumes a leadership role when required. Rotates day and night shift to meet patient care requirements.
• Provides direct patient care utilizing the nursing process within established hospital, divisional and unit specific policies and procedures, standards, protocols, etc.
• Demonstrates knowledge and clinical assessment skills appropriate to clinical area.
• Takes direct and appropriate action in urgent and emergency situations.
• Documents all assessments, interventions and other pertinent information in the patient's health care record in a timely and ongoing manner.
• Promotes continuity of patient care through oral and written communication.
• Demonstrates effective communication and collaboration skills when interacting with patients/families, other health care team members and staff of other departments.
• Complies with hospital infection control and safety protocols.
• Provides a leadership and resource role in the provision of patient care.
• Acts as a unit management resource e.g. care coordinator, charge nurse, team leader, as assigned.
• Addresses issues using a problem solving framework. Initiates the nursing or medicaVadministrative chain of command if unable to resolve issues satisfactorily.
• Liaisons with other health care team members and departments to provide continuity of patient care and unit activities.
Education & Research:
• Works with all health care team members in activities designed for the improvement of patient care outcomes.
• Acts as a preceptor and/or resource for new employees, trainees and other staff.
• Assumes responsibility for own professional growth identifying those areas of clinical knowledge and skills that need further development.
• Uses research/current references in the provision of evidence-based care.
• Participates in teaching and mentoring of Nursing, Medical and Paramedical students, Interns and Residents
• Anticipates and acts to maintain a safe environment.
• Assesses own care, that provided by others, patient care systems, and continuously seeks ways to improve.
• Complies with and participates in Quality Management Processes and activities.
• Serves as a professional role model, teacher and resource person.
• Develops and utilizes professional collegial networking.
• Demonstrates respect, compassion and cultural sensitivity to patients/families other hospital employees, students and faculty.
• Advocates for excellence in patient care and for patient rights.
• Assumes responsibility for own actions, decisions and behaviors.
• Demonstrates initiative in the performance of duties.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
• Generous Tax Free Salary. Each case individually negotiated. NEW! Increments for years of experience and for post graduate education.
• One year renewable contract. If you renew for a second year you will receive one month salary as a recontracting bonus.
• Holidays: 61 days paid leave per year. (Annual leave and public holidays)
• Free fully furnished western accommodation. See
• Recreation centres at all hospitals free of charge. Gym, tennis +++
• Free utilities. Cable TV available with up to 250 channels.
• High speed internet.
• Free healthcare.
• Return flight to your nearest international airport (Point of Hire) at beginning and end of contract.
• Midyear ticket to your point of hire.