Management and boards of directors rely heavily on internal audit to provide important proactive assessments and assurance around the effectiveness of controls and company processes, while also providing objective advisory support. As an internal audit professional, you will be leading engagements to identify control enhancements, operational and compliance process improvement and efficiency opportunities, as well as company-wide cost improvements. EY is a global leading service provider in this space, with a reputation for high quality and cost-effective innovative offerings.
Our structured career framework means you'll continue to develop, whatever level you're at. And with a network stretching around the globe, you'll gain valuable insight across industries and geographies. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime.
As part of our internal controls team, you'll focus on client opportunities where your expertise can make a substantial impact. You'll apply your knowledge and experience to shape our services and motivate your team. You'll build valuable relationships with clients and develop strong capabilities, through both formal training and working with senior mentors and talented colleagues.
Your key responsibilities
This is a role where no two days are the same - so you'll find yourself taking on plenty of new responsibilities as you go. In a volatile world, effective risk management protects, sustains and improves business performance. As a risk professional, you'll be focused on helping our clients develop an integrated and sustainable approach to risk and control that encompasses a holistic view of people, process and technology.
Skills and attributes for success
- Executing Job planning: Conducting research on client background and risks, planning staff resource and propose tailored audit work program and audit time schedules, coordinate with client on kick off meeting with client and other necessary planning activities.
- Performing testing of complex / non-routine audit areas, complete work programs including conducting interviews with Senior Management, provide guidance to junior team member(s), review the work of junior team member(s), schedule closing meeting with client and prepare closing meeting slides.
- Reporting: Prepare draft and final reports after the necessary internal reviews, wrap up audit work programs and workfiles, and assist in any other wrap up activities.
- Developing and maintaining productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within EY Advisory Services and with other services across the organization