Strategic & Business Development Director (Ports) - Jazan (Saudi National)
Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
The Strategy and Business Development Director directs the strategy and business development activities of the Royal Commission organization for the JCPDI (Jazan City for Primary and Downstream Industries) Port and drives the new sales business for the Royal Commission and playing a key role in the development of JCPDI Port.
Major Activities Performed:
• The Strategy and Business Development Director is responsible for the overall management of all strategic and operational Marketing and Customer Relationship activities. The Strategy and Business Development Director should provide market feedback to the Royal Commission management regarding competitive offerings, prospect needs and generate business development ideas.
• Take ownership of the management of the marketing functions of the business and drive increased revenue and profit to achieve the Royal Commission`s ambitious growth for the JCPDI.
• The Strategy and Business Development Director is responsible for Planning and coordinating the implementation of business plans and the penetration of new markets.
The day-to-day duties typically include:
• Researching organizations and individuals online (especially on social media) to identify new leads and potential new markets.
• Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing.
• Contacting potential investors and other business opportunities to establish rapport and set up meetings.
• Planning and overseeing new marketing initiatives.
• Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events.
When it comes to the challenge of actually selling, other typical duties include:
• Preparing PowerPoint presentations and sales displays.
• Contacting investors to inform them about new developments in the company’s products.
• Negotiating and close business agreement with potential investors.
• Developing business and strategy goals for the development of JCPDI port and plan for implementation of goals.
• To keep healthy relationships with investors, this mostly requires socialisation. So, from simple chats on the phone to lunches and events or conferences business development managers must be sure to keep their customers happy. Of course, as with all office jobs, documentation is also a big part of the work. Business development professionals are also obligated to write reports and provide feedback to upper management about what is and is not working.
The Strategy and Business Development Director may also perform other duties, responsibilities, and special projects as assigned.
Reports to the Chief Operating Officer for JCPDI Port and laisse with the director generals for Strategic Planning & Investment Development Division and other divisions and departments with the Royal Commission organization.