WSP are looking for a Health and Safety Engineer to ensure that Health & Safety policies and procedures are effectively embedded across the projects, sites and office environments in compliance with local and international rules and regulations
The key objectives of the role will be to;-
• Manage the health, safety and environmental arrangements for the project against the WSP HSEQ Management System requirements, to ensure the protection of our people.
• Manage HSE Inspectors to ensure they are monitoring the implementation of health and safety arrangements at project site level, in accordance with legal and client requirements.
• Develop and deliver health, safety and environmental training to WSP employees including but not limited to; induction, safe working practices.
• Review and approve contractor’s health, safety and environmental plans, risk assessments and method statements against legal and client requirements prior to the work being carried out.
• Plan daily morning site visits across project sites to ensure health and safety measures are in place before works begins.
• Carry out weekly joint HSE inspections with HSE Inspectors and contractor personnel and ensure all the corrective/preventive actions are closed out.
• Organise HSE meetings with clients, WSP project staff, and contractors.
• Initiate and test emergency response plans and ensure the drills are carried out as per the project schedule and performance standards.
• Ensure HSE Inspectors follow up on contractor’s incident investigation reports are completed and corrective actions are identified and closed out to prevent a recurrence and provide necessary technical guidance for accident protection.
• Conduct regular site safely reviews.
• I liaise with enforcement authorities (PCFC, EHS Checks)I prepare and submit monthly HSE reports in conjunction with contractor personnel and to the client.