The Project Engineer leads the design activities of projects of medium and high complexity. The jobholder ensures a functional, effective and aesthetic design for projects, which accommodates the requirements of the client, local authorities, international standards and codes of practice and the requirements of other disciplines. The Project Engineer is expected to act as a team leader on one or more projects to complete design cycle, including concept design, schematic design, detailed design and preparation of tender documents. He shall stay abreast of the latest trends and developments in the [speciality] design field and represent the firm and share his expertise and knowledge with other team members.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support Project Managers with the management of client relations and expectations, as needed
• Support Project Managers in client presentations and workshops, as needed
• Support Project Managers with the responding to client clarifications and technical issues, as needed
• Ensure the provision of high quality airport design services to clients and internal counterparts in other design departments, as required by projects’ scope
• Ensure client satisfaction with design deliverables.
• Ensure responsibilities are fulfilled with a high quality cost-effectively
• Develop concept designs, including all required drawings and reports, for projects of medium to high complexity, for discussion with clients
• Refine selected design options into schematic and draft final designs, including all required drawings and reports.