SNC Lavalin's Atkins business is one of the largest multidisciplinary, multi sector engineering design consultancies in the world and is part of the SNC Lavalin Group.
As one of the world's most respected design, engineering and project management consultancies with a leading track record in the defence sector, Atkins are ideally placed to respond to this market. We have a broad establishment and proud, 50-year history throughout the Middle East region.
We provide a full range of design, engineering and project management services for buildings, transportation and other buildings/infrastructure programmes. Atkins in the Middle East now employs around 2,000 staff serving Gulf clients across all market sectors from offices in Abu Dhabi, Al Ain, Doha, Dubai, Jeddah, Kuwait City, Manama, Muscat, Riyadh, and Sharjah. To implement all aspects of the quality management systems and control site supervision activities provision related to all Works across the project, to deliver quality installations in accordance with the contract documents, relevant international standards and local authorities' requirements, provide technical support; perform specialised quality assurance / control inspections, submittal reviews and training of the discipline staff.
- Site Area Manager (SAM) - Resident Engineer (RE) - Site Head of Disciplines (SHODs) - Site Supervision Team - Sites Quality Manager (SQM) - Site QA/QC Engineers (SQE) - Office Manager Site Operations (OMSOD)
Senior Site QA/QC Engineer
- Evaluation of the Contractors Quality manual in conjunction with the RE.
- Evaluation of the MEP contractors and subcontractors Quality manual in conjunction with the Discipline engineers.
- Review the contractors Inspection Test Plan and all QA/QC documentations.
- Evaluate the QA/QC system implementation by the contractor on site and ensure the compliance with their Quality manual.
- Ensure the contractor has a current Internal Audit plan/schedule.
- Conduct Audit on contractors, subcontractors and suppliers.
- Ensure the contractor have adequate QC personnel on site during all production shift operations to perform the inspection and tests.
- Ensure the contractor provides QA/QC procedures, method statements and current document at the locations where they are to be used (Note: this will include code/standards referenced in the specifications, method statements and inspection test plan)
- Ensure the contractor performing inspections, sampling and testing of materials in accordance with the specified standards and as approved in the Inspection test plan.
- Inspect the on-site and off-site materials to be used in the project, organize/witness field and laboratory Tests, conducted by third parties on construction materials to ascertain their compliance with the specification.
- Ensure the contractor uses an approved material testing laboratory accredited by Dubai Municipality construction quality control and research for testing.
- Review and comment on subcontractor's pre qualifications.
- Review and comment on submittals, including test results, method statements, materials and alternate proposals submitted by contractors.
- Review and comment on the contractors testing and commissioning plan/procedure.
- Conduct and co-ordinate site quality meetings in conjunction with RE and prepare MOM.
- Review Contractor's weekly and Monthly reports.
- Site visit and evaluation of sub contractor's premises
- Raise non-conformance notices (NCNs)/reports; site inspection notices (SINs) identify quality deficiencies in conjunction with the RE.
- Liaise with the contractor's QA/QC Manager/Engineer for day to day quality issues
- Issue site walk quality issues report to contractor on bi weekly basis
- Review the corrective actions proposed by the contractor, respond/follow ups and close out procedure.
- Review and respond to the preventive actions proposed by the contractor.
- Check contractor's storage facilities, shades etc; ensure manufacturer's recommendations are followed and conformance to above.
- Maintain a Sample room for approved materials in accordance with the contract.
- Participate in Mock up inspections/ stage inspections and ascertain that the work is executed in accordance with the contract document and approved standards.
- Coordination for local authority approvals
- Preparation of Monthly reports in coordination with all disciplines