Desired start date: Immediate
Probation: 3 Months
Working Hours: 6 Days a Week, 9 Hours a Day
Travel requirements: local only
Other Benefits: Medical Insurance
Subordinates: Front and Back of House Staff
Reporting to: Managing Partners
Our restaurant is growing and we are seeking an experienced Restaurant Manager to manage the staff and operation of our establishment.
Successful candidate responsibilities will include:
- Accomplishing restaurant human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Achieving restaurant operational objectives by contributing information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; preparing and completing action plans; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; completing audits; identifying trends; determining system improvements; implementing change.
- Meeting restaurant financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
Plans menus by consulting with chefs; estimates food costs and profits; adjusts menus.
- Controlling costs by reviewing portion control and quantities of preparation; minimizing waste; ensuring high quality of preparation.
- Avoiding legal challenges by conforming to the regulations of the municipality.
- Maximizing restaurant profitability by ensuring portion control; monitoring accuracy of charges.
- Publicizing the restaurant by designing and placing advertisements; inviting food editors to review the restaurant; contacting local, regional, and national magazines with feature ideas; encouraging local businesses to hold social events at the restaurant.
- Maintaining safe, secure, and healthy environment by establishing, following, and enforcing sanitation standards and procedures; complying with legal regulations; securing revenues; developing and implementing disaster plans,
- Maintaining ambiance by controlling lighting, background music, glassware, dinnerware, and utensil quality and placement; monitoring food presentation and service.