Every memorable dining experience at Fairmont Hotels and Resorts begins behind the scenes with our Food & Beverage team’s commitment to safe and efficient operations. Support a skilled and engaged team as Stewarding Supervisor, where your care and inspection of all flatware, tableware and kitchen equipment will ensure a superior standard.
Ideally situated on the Arabian Gulf in Ajman, UAE, the built Fairmont Ajman will open in March 2015. The hotel will be in close proximity to both the Sharjah and Dubai airports. The hotel features 252 guestrooms and suites, including two luxurious penthouse offerings, a multitude of dining options and fitness facilities. The beachfront location will offer guests a wide range of leisure activities including water sports and diving as well as access to shopping and cultural excursions. Event planners can take advantage of 2,000 square meters of indoor function space as well as outdoor facilities.
Summary of Responsibilities:
Reporting to the Chief Steward, responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
• Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow Colleagues
• Lead and supervise the Stewarding team in all aspects of the department and ensure standards are followed
• Supervise and maintain the sanitation of kitchen equipment and other areas assigned
• Train all Kitchen Stewards
• Ensure the Kitchen Colleagues have the dishes, silverware required and guests have clean dishes
• Review banquet event orders and ensure all set-ups and supplies are in place
• Ensure all breakages and chipped items are taken out of circulation and inventoried
• Ensure all equipment is in working order and report any items in need of repair
• Follow department policies, procedures and service standards
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment
• Other duties as assigned