A new Financial Controller role is needed to support the Senior Financial Controller and the wider business.
The role is based in Dubai but covers Atkins' business across the region. These include UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar.
The business benefits from the use of the shared services provided by the wider Atkins business in the Middle East, whilst retaining responsibility for its own financial reporting, budgeting and forecasting, financial controls, bidding, invoicing and cash collection.
- Strong communication skills;
- Highly organised, able to prioritise tasks and delegate effectively;
- Manage multiple stakeholder relationships;
- Strong financial reporting skills with an understanding of IFRS;
- Highly analytical, able to manipulate and interpret complex data from multiple sources;
- Produce insightful analysis and clearly communicate findings;
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- Attention to detail with a high standard of (numerical) presentation skills.
- Desirable Criteria:
- Good commercial awareness;
- Good influencing skills;
- Working knowledge of JD Edwards, Hyperion and other finance specific IT systems and databases;
- Exposure to various countries tax and statutory requirements within the Middle East.
- Assisting the SFC in Month end reporting to the Divisional MD & FD;
- Preparation of robust and complete budgets and forecasts to the standards and timescales set by the Middle East and Group Finance functions;
- Financial support and advice to the country directors, project directors and project managers, ensuring they understand the financial performance of their P+L or project;
- Act as key point of contact with both internal and external auditors when required;
- Close liaison with the Middle East shared services function;
- Regular review of the region's key projects to ensure material changes in performance are captured in advance through a robust forecast and review process;
- Ensure a strong control environment and promote good financial practices throughout the business;
- Review and support to bids within the region when required;
- Delivery of finance training to project managers and project directors as required;
- Forecasting of cash receipts and liaising with project teams to ensure invoicing is up to date and accurate;
- Suggest and implement process and tool improvements.