Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
The Legal representative works in a capacity developing and maintaining effective and long term relationships with the Government agencies and Ministries of Kuwait regarding any official offence registered against staff of the company with a strategic outlook to protect staff from incarcerations without proper notice to the company, and any incarcerations or applied to staff made from any external Government agency or Ministry without proper legal procedure or stance.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Being the point of contact and represent the company before all judicial authorities, police departments and government's agencies, and receiving /signing all related documents from the relevant local authorities like municipality, judicial authorities, police departments and government agencies.
- Attendance at all points of the investigations, whether judicial or administrative as the official representative of the company 24/7 and never subject to the official working hours.
- Ratification/ sign all Wataniya official documents within the capacity of the Legal representative of the company.
- Issuing and work on issuing all required documents and authorizations necessary to manage the tasks as an official representative for the company under the above points 1 & 2.
- Guarding and keeping on the company's name, money, properties, and image by responding to all complaints, and defending its rights, possessions,
- and belongings; and if possible solving the case peacefully to avoid the judicial path and its consequences.
- Sending, dissemination and approving the legal representative signature by all Banks and governmental departments as the official legal representative to/and issuing cheques and receipt amounts on behalf of the company.
- Carrying out all negotiations and managing discussions and signing of agreements and settlements/reconciliations for the benefit of the company (according to the permissible limits in the authority matrix).
- Collaborating with all concerned entities in case of any fraud cases, violations, administrative or financial embezzlement cases.
- Collaborating with all governmental and official authorities aimed at serving the company in a better method.
Taking part in all legal concerned committees and meetings aimed at unifying all efforts and to draw a clear role in each and every case.Keeping the Legal department staff and top management well-briefed with all developments about all cases through emails and constant meetings.
- Keeping a full record for all cases and develops an easy method to track each and every one.Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.