Through Parsons engineering and construction management services, we deliver innovative, safe and sustainable infrastructure in Qatar, Oman, Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Bahrain and Kuwait. Our focus is on delivering air, rail, road and highway transportation; water conveyance and/or wastewater treatment; and land development and public infrastructure to our clients and your communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world class infrastructure.
The work scope comprises roads, bridges and utilities.
The Resident Engineer will administer the operational functions of the day-to-day activities on the project, with specific duties related to the work on the road and infrastructure works. He will supervise the work of the site engineers and the work inspectors working on the construction supervision of the road and infrastructure works.
• Direct the site supervision related to road and infrastructure.
• Coordinate his direct activities with the other discipline RE’s to maintain consistency and integrity in the overall construction.
• Responsible for reviewing all shop drawings, design proposals, method statements, any requests for information relating to the roads and associated works.
• Coordinate with Parsons' design Engineers for resolution of related issues.
• Maintain the Resident Engineer’s daily diary and daily diaries and reports by his subordinates.
• Coordinate with the Contractor on scheduling and application of resources.
• Direct, assist and monitor the performance of the construction team working on the supervision of the construction of the road work and associated works including the site engineers, the work inspectors and the surveyors.
• Coordinate with Client/PMC, the Contractor and related concerned authorities.
• Advise on contractual and construction matters regarding road work and associated works, utilities diversions and installations, traffic diversions, road’s furniture and other related works.
• Generally supervise, review, monitor and report on progress of the road and associated works.
• Liaise with all parties for site safety and quality of works.
• Convene and chair regular site meetings about issues related to road work and related activities;
• Issue additional drawings etc. as required in coordination with the design office.
• Ensure prompt exchange of correspondence and approvals.
• Ensure accuracy and completeness of records.
• Ensure safety goals are achieved on the project and oversee implementation of safety procedures on the project.
• Act positively, and participate in all health and safety issues at site, as required by the Senior Resident Engineer, and the Project Safety Representative.
• Comply with safety, health and risk management requirements.
• Provide all necessary on-site direction and issue indications with respect to road works, utilities and other related activities.
• Report back as necessary to the Senior Resident Engineer.
• Check and measure the performed work and record and display progress vs. programmed work.
• Prepare progress reports as applicable.
• Ensure correctness and completeness of ‘as-built’ drawings in the area of his discipline.
• Participate in contract administration.