Parsons’ engineering and construction management staff members create innovative, safe, and sustainable infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, and Kuwait. We deliver rail, transit, road, and highway transportation; water conveyance and wastewater treatment; oil and gas; land development; public; and aviation infrastructure to our customers and communities. Parsons creates interconnected communities and world-class infrastructure.
The Senior Utility Engineer will be responsible for supervising and monitoring all electrical operations, maintenance, engineering functions of electrical power distribution system in Jazan O&M Contractor to ensure compliance with the contract and with the Royal Commission policies and procedures. Provide technical advice to the contractor on installation, repair and maintenance of various electrical power distribution systems and review and updated engineering drawings.
Major Activities Performed:
• Supervise and monitor O&M contractor technical and engineering functions to ensure that the O&M contractor meeting satisfactory performance in accordance with the Royal Commission standards.
• Participates in the weekly planning and scheduling meeting for the planning of maintenance jobs to be executed, with a view to reducing unplanned outages.
• Review Engineering Work Request (EWR) for Electrical Power Distribution System design drawings related to Operation & Maintenance projects.
• Assist in the O&M inspection, test and acceptance of all Electrical Power Distribution for O&M operations related systems contracted in Jazan.
• Supervise planning and scheduling of works in daily activities of the O&M contractors to accommodate future growth within the scope of work.
• Review and approve the O&M contractor’s test procedures and as-built drawings for the new power distribution system as required.
• Prepare O&M plans and conceptual designs for expansion requirements for Electrical Power Distribution in Jazan.
• Evaluate O&M contractors’ proposed solutions to specific technical and engineering problems and advise changes, when necessary
• Witness the testing and commissioning of the equipment post shut down to ensure all maintenance work has been undertaken effectively.
• Provide technical assistance to O&M Division and in the development of projects and RFP’s.
• Performs studies for the O&M related to energy consumption and power conservation.
• Prepare technical and statistical reports as required.
• Act as the first response to emergencies, taking appropriate steps to stabilize the problem while simultaneously informing higher Management and other parties as indicated in the procedures to safeguard unit and possibly personnel.
• Act as focal point for all departmental development initiatives and business processes including regulatory performance measures Royal Commission KPI, monitoring them against approved action plans so that their efficiency can be assessed.
• Assist in monitoring the financial performance of a given area of activity against budgets.
• Develop and update standard operating procedures for the plant and its auxiliaries.
• Ensure compliance to all relevant safety, quality and environmental management procedures and controls within a defined area of activity to guarantee employee safety, legislative compliance, delivery of high-quality products/service and a responsible environmental attitude.
• Recommend improvements to departmental procedure and direct the implementation of instructions and controls covering a specific area of activity so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers.
• Participate and investigate for all electrical incident reports.
• Participate in the restoration of the city after a blackout.
Reports to the Department Director and interfaces with Operation & Maintenance projects, Constructions and Engineering Departments on O&M electrical power distribution on related technical activities and coordinate with various Royal Commission Departments.