Electrical engineers are responsible for designing electrical system of medium, large and complex Oil & Gas (onshore/offshore), refinery, power and industrial projects. Electrical engineer perform tasks assigned independently with minimum guidance from the seniors in the discipline. Work is periodically reviewed by the Senior/Principal Electrical Engineer for accomplishment of objectives.
- Implement project/client requirements into electrical design.
- Prepare electrical load list, schematic diagrams, single line diagrams, cable schedules and MTO using Smart Plant Electrical.
- Perform power system studies (short circuit, coordination, motor starting, arc flash, harmonics & grounding) using ETAP.
- Perform Insulation coordination and transient study using PSCAD or EMTP software.
- Perform calculations for equipment sizing, UPS, cable sizing, lighting, lightining protection, grounding and heat tracing etc.
- Prepare specifications, data sheets, cable schedules and interface schedules.
- Produce material take-off and material requisition.
- Review Bids and Technical Evaluation.
- Design and checking of single lines, schematics and wiring diagrams, block diagrams, area classification, grounding, panel/cable schedules, equipment layout, cable layout, tray layout, lighting and installation details without supervision.
- Review and coordinate electrical 3D model (SP3D/PDMS/PDS/E3D) with the other disciplines.
- Review and coordinate electrical 2D AutoCAD/ Micro-station drawings.
- Supervise and coordinate the activity of a small group of designers, junior/intermediate designers and/or junior/intermediate engineers.
- Review vendor drawings.
- Visit construction/plant sites and fabrication shops during design phase on as required basis.
- Provide construction support and perform pre-commissioning and start-up activities for electrical systems when required.