Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices.
• Reconciles processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
• Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries.
• Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities; verifying Vendor id numbers; scheduling and preparing checks; resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation; insuring credit is received for outstanding memos; issuing stop-payments or purchase order amendments.
• Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions.
• Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
• Maintains historical records by microfilming and filing documents.
• Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities