Job Purpose Summary:
The incumbent will assume prime responsibility for Business Partnering and the Group MIS Report Production and budgeting team.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities by Dimensions:
A. Shareholder & Financial:
- Assist the Head of GFS & MIS to create long-term financial strategies to maximize shareholder value whilst pursuing prudent policies.
- Monitor annual budgets for all divisions/departments/units of the Group in conjunction with the relevant division/department/unit heads in consultation with the Head of GFS & MIS.
- Provide management with regular reports on progress towards targets, flagging variations and performing initial checks on reasons for under/over achievement.
- Ensure that relevant reports are prepared and presented to the management/the Board on time to enable them to monitor business performance closely and taking timely corrective actions.
B. Customer (Internal & External):
- Build and maintain strong and effective relationship with all other related departments and units to achieve the Group’s financial goals/ objectives.
- Liaise with the Group’s IT Department to ensure budget reporting needs of the Group’s business lines are timely resolved/attended to, to the extent these are dependent on required system enhancements.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required.
C. Internal (Processes, Products, Regulatory):
- Oversee analysis and deployment of the latest reporting tools.
- Develop/enhance budgeting preparation techniques and maintain reporting standards for the domestic and international businesses.
- Liaise with IT Department to develop/ design budgetary reports.
- Identify requirements for updating the budgetary system and lead on the implementation.
D. Learning & Knowledge:
- Possess a superior knowledge of business support services and maintain an understanding of all pertinent regulations as well as best practices pertaining to business support services.
- Responsible for developing and training the team in the appropriate skills to ensure an effective and informative Financial Strategy.
- Hold meetings with direct reports and assess their performance. Also take decisive action to ensure speedy resolution of unresolved grievances or conflicts amongst personnel.
Communications and Working Relationships:
- Heads of individual divisions, departments, units, subsidiaries, branches and other Group entities, whether within or outside Qatar.
- Regulatory authorities, external auditors, external professional associations/ bodies.
- Liaison with relevant Group IT personnel for MIS-related system issues.