About the Position:
This role is responsible for carrying out experimental work using the R&D analytical equipment providing general analysis support to the R&D projects. The person filling this position will be assigned to R&D projects and receive work direction from the project leader or the laboratory leader as needed by the project. The role will ensure that the analysis is carried out diligently and reliably and that results data are stored and transmitted in accordance with the R&D project management information system.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Provide analytical support to Sipchem R&D projects.
- Ensure accurate and reproducible analysis using the R&D’s laboratory equipment including HPLC, GC-MS, TGA-MS, GC, GC Headspace, FTIR microscope, NIR, HT-GPC, RT-GPC, titration, DSC, DMTA, SEM, optical microscopes, NMR, microwave synthesis and digestion, elemental analysis, OES, Karl-Fischer, particle size analyser, HEL lab reactor, Buchi distillation, visible spectrometer, wet chemical methods, and other analysis equipment.
- Maintain the general laboratory upkeep and comply with EHS requirements of the physical testing laboratories.
- Identify needs for analysis of products and maintain the necessary laboratory supplies of equipment accessories and consumables.
- Monitor the operability of analytical equipment and co-ordinate with the R&D Support Services Group to ensure that the preventative maintenance program and the calibration of laboratory equipment are carried out effectively.
- Establish analytical methods and prepare SOPs.
- Ensure project experimental data are recorded, filed, and reported in accordance with the Sipchem R&D standards.