A Social Media Specialist is required in an International University located on Suez Road
• Implement social media strategies for multiple companies that build brand awareness, generate
inbound traffic and product adoption.
• Creation of content that meets our customer standards
• Develop and deliver social media optimization (SMO).
• Stay current with social media trends and best practices.
• Research opportunities for new social marketing platforms and select adapt the current process to fit
• Review and approve content daily.
• Creating and managing monthly promotions.
• Build and execute social media strategy through competitive research, platform determination,
benchmarking, messaging, and audience identification
• Generate, edit, publish and share daily content that builds meaningful connections and encourages
community members to act
• Set up and optimize university pages within each platform to increase the visibility of the university’s social content
• Moderate all user-generated content in line with the moderation policy for each community
• Create editorial calendars and syndication schedules
• Continuously improve by capturing and analyzing the appropriate social data/metrics, insights, and
best practices, and then acting on the information
• Collaborate with other departments (customer relations, student recruitment, etc.) to manage
reputation, identify key players, and coordinate actions
• Education and Experience
• 1-5 years’ experience in Marketing Bachelor’s Degree required with a degree in business/marketing,
previous experience in the post-secondary education industry will be considered an asset.
• Proven working experience in the social media marketing or as a digital media specialist
• Excellent consulting, writing, editing (photo/video/text), presentation, and communication skills
• Demonstrable social networking experience and social analytics tools knowledge
• Adequate knowledge of web design, web development
• Knowledge of online marketing and a good understanding of major marketing channels
• Positive attitude, detail and customer-oriented with good multitasking and organizational ability
• Fluency in English
• Strong project management or organizational skills.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and their respective participants
(Facebook, YouTube, Twitter, Flickr, etc.) and how they can be deployed.
• Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and verbal format.
• Ability to build and maintain client relationships.
• Team player, with the confidence to take the lead and guide other departments when necessary.
• Good technical understanding and can learn new hardware and software quickly.